Publication ethics of the Tertium Publishing House
In order to counteract unfair publishing practices, the Tertium Publishing House (hereinafter TP) enforces the ethical rules used in the humanities and social sciences, in particular those defined by the COPE Committee on Publication Ethics and contained in the COPE Code of Conduct (https://publicationethics.org/resources/code-conduct):
• TP monitors compliance with the principles of the above-mentioned Code by authors, reviewers and other persons involved in the editorial work.
• TP adheres to ethical and intellectual standards.
• TP maintains editorial standards.
• TP requires the authors of a publication to disclose the percent of the contribution of each individual author to its writing, with the author submitting the work being primarily responsible for its quality.
• TP advises authors that "ghostwriting" and "guest authorship" are manifestations of scholarly misconduct, and that the institutions employing the authors and all interested institutions will be informed about any detected cases thereof.
• TP requires information about the sources of financing the publication, the contribution of research institutions, associations and other entities ("financial disclosure").
• TP documents all manifestations of scholarly misconduct, especially violating the rules of ethics which are considered binding in academia.
• Detailed information on the internationally accepted principles of publication ethics can be found here: https://www.elsevier.com/about/policies/publishing-ethics.
Duties of TP Editors
• subscribing to an independent and impartial publishing policy;
• making decisions about accepting contributions for publication by TP in an open and transparent manner;
• ensuring the confidentiality and security of personal data.
Duties of Authors
• The authors declare that they are familiar with the publication ethics adopted by TP;
• The authors submit a declaration that the their work is an original one, not infringing the rights of third parties, prepared independently and not published anywhere before.